Today I get to host the Technique Lover’s Challenge at SplitCoast Stampers and I have gone pretty clean and simple with a masculine birthday card (out of the norm for me haha!).
I saw a card with these fun candles and thought this would be a great challenge! I searched though everything to make sure it hadn’t been done before and couldn’t find it so this is it! The challenge is to create a card with one or more candles…
Here is the inside (the sentiments were from the new Humorous Birthday Innies from Sweet N Sassy Stamps – I mixed 2 of them.)
This was fun and easy and I love the finished result!
How to make the candles (or at least how I made them):
- I started with 2.5X4″ paper. You can go taller than 2.5″ if you want but much longer than 4″ will create a candle that it so round it may not easily fit in an envelope.
- I glued my twine down to one of the short ends then did the same for all of my of papers, which I found in a long unused pad of designer paper (this challenge is a win-win since using my stash is a part of it)
- By the time I finished gluing the last twine, the first was dry so I put a line of glue down beside the twine and started rolling the paper up adding a line of every few turns to hold it in place.
- When I finished rolling all of them, I checked the length. I decided mine were a little too long because I put the sentiment up so far on my card so I cut off a bit (and because I am crazy, I ran the bottoms over a piece of sand paper to smooth them.)
- I dipped the bottoms in some neutral ink so the white wouldn’t be too obvious (mostly because of the dark colors I chose)
- Finally, I trimmed the “wicks” to the desired length and glued them onto my card.
I can’t to see your cards – HAVE FUN!
Thanks for stopping by!