Welcome to our From the Heart Stamps blog hop. Our theme this month is “Mother´s Day” or “For a special Lady”. Our designers are showcasing lots of awesome projects that I can’t wait for you to see!!
If you have arrived from KELLY’S BLOG, you are in the right place, if not why don’t you start on the From the Heart Stamps Blog, so you don’t miss anything.
Mother’s Day?? So I am from the South as you know; and in the South it is Mama – and what an A-W-E-S-O-M-E, supportive, beautiful, wonderful, positive mama she is. Today’s Hop is in honor of Mother’s (read mama’s) Day and I really wanted to do something beautiful for this wonderful lady who I consider one of my best friends.
Sooo I went “window shopping” in the FTHS store and looked at all of the stamps until I found a few that I thought would be pretty great choices. Then I decided to “stew” on them for a while and see if inspiration would strike. Well, I stumbled upon this really cute, sketch at Freshly Made Sketches and then I looked at my possible images to see if one would fit.
I think I must have tilted my head a certain way, because all of a sudden, I decided I needed to fussy cut and layer up some flowers for my card……OK – I hate fussy cutting, so I went to photo shop, “trimmed” off the vase, popped two bouquets together and that’s a little less cutting I have to do!! Now I am ready to go with my Hop card using Mixed Bouquet.
I hope this makes you smile and even more, I hope it makes my mama smile!!
Recipe for my card:
- Image: Mixed Bouquet digi by From the Heart Stamps
- Sentiment: Best Mom Ever clear set by Simon Says Stamp
- Paper: White Card (PTI), Blue and Brown card (Recollections)
- Ink: copics (leaves) G21, G24, G28, (sunflowers) E43, E44, E47, E49, Y21, Y32, Y35, Y38, (roses) R56, R81, R83, R85, (purple flower) V20, V22, V25, (baby’s breath) C0, C3, (shadow) B01, B000, B0000
- Other: Basic Rectangle and Polka Dot Rectangle Background Dies (AJVD), Circle and Scallop Circle Dies (Spellbinders), Elegant Lines Embossing Folder (Stampin’Up), Twine, Wink of Stella
As you hop along, please leave a comment on each entry. One random commenter will be selected on each blog to win an image of choice from the FTHS store. And additionally, one commenter on the From the Heart Stamps blog will be selected to win a $15 gift voucher to the store!
Thanks for hopping with us today. The hop will end on Monday May, 4th at 6 am EST. Winners will be posted on the From the Heart Stamps Blog on Wednesday May 6th.
Now head over to MICHELLE’S BLOG and see what inspiration she has for you.
Thanks for stopping by!!
- Creative Corner – For Mom
- As You Like it – Favourite style of embossing (and WHY) (I LOVE dry embossing – it is quick and easy and beautiful or fun depending on the look you want. It also adds something to a plain piece of paper without adding the distraction of a design. I love CAS but don’t always like tons of “blank” space. Dry embossing allows for both!)
- A Creative Need – Thinking of Mom