Hi my sweet friends! Welcome to the APRIL 2019 Release After Party Hop! (YES APRIL – the year is already on quarter over huh?? How did that happen?)
We have some super stamps sets again this month and you are going to be so inspired by what the team has to share with you! You should have arrived here from Lucinde’s page. If not, jump back there so you don’t miss anything.
Hop along to all of the blogs (listed below just in case something goes wrong along the way…🙂 ) for even more inspiration with the April stamps. Leave a little comment love on each stop along the way for a chance to win a $10 gift voucher to the Sweet ‘n Sassy Stamps shop. Winner will be announced on the SNSS blog, Tuesday, April 23.
Sweet ‘n Sassy Blog
Jane Dehring Bosi
Lucinde van Ballegooijen
Lyn Tomlin – YOU ARE HERE!
My projects today features Walk Humbly, an incredible set by our very own Colleen Gaddie! It is so sweet and very versatile. To show you this I have created a couple of cards AND a Bible journal page. It isn’t just good for one or the other!
The first card is clean and simple using the long haired girl and elements and sentiments from several other sets(listed below) to create a birthday card.
- I used Strathmore Coldpress watercolor paper and colored the image up with my Polychromos colored pencils. I wanted to test out color pencils on the texture of watercolor paper and it was pretty cool!
- Her hand out and ready to hold whatever you put in it, so I added the gift from Home for the holidays and then created a perfect sentiment combining sentiments from Scripty Thoughts and All Wrapped Up – Look through your stamps and see what you can combine for a new look and feel. It is so much fun!
- To finish my card, I mounted my panel on Yellow cardstock then I mounted that on a card base made from the Papertrey Ink Ecru cardstock.
My second card today uses the girl who looks like she may be praying so… I used some sentiments from the new Surrounded in Prayer set (this is a stamp for a cause – you will here about it on the hop!!).
- I used the word prayer to stamp a continuous run with mustard seed, spiced marmalade, Abandoned coral, and festive berries Distress Inks.
- With Versafine Black Onyx Ink, I stamped the sentiment. (I lined the word prayer up with one already on the page so it would look like a shadow.)
- I stamped my girl on Xpress it Blender paper and colored her with Copic markers then fussy cut her glued her onto my card and added a little washi tape to ground her.
- For a finishing touch, I added some white gel pen details and mounted my finished piece on red cardstock then onto a Neenah Solor white base.
By the way…My Copic colors included R17, R25, and R29 (for the reds), E00, E21, E11 (for the skin) anf E35, E37, and E39 (for the hair).
Finally, I have a Bible Journal page using the long haired girl and the sentiment (inspired from Micah 6:8)
“He has shown you, O mortal, what is good.
And what does the Lord require of you?
To act justly and to love mercy
and to walk humbly with your God.”
- She is inked with Archival ink and colored with Polychromos pencils!
Now it is time to hop on and see what the incredibly talented Monika Davis has for you!
I hope you are inspired to create today and see how you can stretch your stamps (or bring old ones to life again!) And if you get the opportunity to craft with some of these great stamps (or any other SNSS stamp) we would love to see what you create on our SNSS VIP Group Facebook Page; Or tag your creations with #snss or #sweetnsassystamps on Instagram.
Thanks so much for stopping by!