This month SNSS has released a wonderful collection of spring and Easter themed sets, perfect to celebrate the season. They are each so inspirational and have tons of possibilities! I am going to share a set with you which I hope fills you with inspiration – but if you need more, just hop on to the next team member and get some more 🙂 You should have arrived here from Lucinde’s page. If not, jump back there so you don’t miss anything.
Here’s the official hop list. If something goes wrong along the way…
Lucinde van Ballegooijen
Lyn Tomlin YOU ARE HERE!
Don’t forget to comment at every stop as you hop along for a chance to win. One reader will be randomly selected to receive a gift voucher to the Sweet ‘n Sassy Stamps shop! What’s not to love about free stamps??? We’ll announce the winner on the SWEET N SASSY blog next week, so let’s get hopping.
My projects today feature the March Stamp of the Month, Doodle Florals. This set is only available during the month of March as a FREE gift with a $75 or more purchase. The possibilities for this set are endless. It is perfect for CAS cards and less CAS cards. Use one flower or use them all – it is up to you!
|Doodle Florals – 4 x 6 set (March Stamp of the Month)|
I have two cards to share:
The first one is clean and simple using one of the flowers.
- I used Strathmore Coldpress watercolor paper and inked one of the flowers up twice with Versamark and embossed WOW! clear embossing powder.
- I put a little Distress Oxides (Festive Berries and Scattered Straw onto my craft mat and spritzed it with water – I then used it to water color the flowers.
- I added a simple sentiment from the Keep in Touch Too set (This is a go to for sentiments as there is something for most occasions).
- To finish my card, I mounted my panel on black to make it pop! then I mounted that on a card base made from the Strathmore water color paper I used for my image.
My second card today uses all of the flowers and leaves in the set.
- I placed the flowers and leaves on my MISTI in a design that I liked. Then I inked them up with Gina K Amalgam Ink because I wanted to color with Copics and it doesn’t smear.
- With Versafine Black Onyx Ink, I stamped the spring sentiment from Spring Blossoms.
- After die cutting the sentiment with a Spellbinders circle die, I mounted it onto a black scallop die cut (also Spellbinders).
- Before I put the sentiment on the card, I put the card in my MISTI and placed the bottom leaf stamp onto the card (lining it up as exact as possible). I closed the door to pick up the stamp and then put it to the side for a minute.
- I adhered the sentiment circle in the corner of my card and trimmed it to fit.
- I put the card back in the MISTI with the sentiment circle in place. I masked the part of the card with the leaf with a post it (just in case I was off a bit) then inked the leaf onto the bottom of the sentiment circle with the Gina K Amalgam Ink. I colored the leaf on the sentiment circle to make it blend in with the card.
- For a finishing touch, I added some white gel pen details and mounted my finished piece on black cardstock then onto a Neenah Solor white base.
By the way…My Copic colors included R17, R25, and R29 (for the pinks), BG02, BG05, BG07, BG09 (for the teals), Y21, Y23, and Y26 (for the yellows), V22, V25, and V28 (for the purples) and BG10 and BG0000 (for the background).
Now it is time to hop on and see what the incredibly talented Monika Davis has for you!
I hope you are inspired to create CAS or not just have fun! And if you get the opportunity to craft with some of these great stamps (or any other SNSS stamp) we would love to see what you create on our SNSS VIP Group Facebook Page; Or tag your creations with #snss or #sweetnsassystamps on Instagram.
Thanks so much for stopping by!