Today I have a fun card for some mid-week inspiration at From the Heart Stamps. This week’s challenge tWist was to create an interactive card – I LOVE interactive cards!!
I decided to finally try to create a spinning card. The first time I saw this technique, I thought that the “faithful friend” image called SHINE would be perfect for it. I saw a really quick and perfectly explained tutorial at Kristina Werner’s blog; so I CASED it. I mean…it was perfect don’t you think!!??I took several pictures to try to show how I created it, but ask questions in the comments if it was unclear.
- I copied the image onto a word doc. Then I copied it again and flipped the image. Make sure to check on the format tab that both images are the same size so that when you fussy cut them, they match up.
- Color the images at the same time to try to keep their coloring consistent. I added wink of stella all over her dress so it would well…wink when she spins 🙂
- After adhering twine/thread (I used shiny silver) to the back of one of the colored images, glue the two images together, making sure to line them up and trim any “off” pieces from the images.
- I ran a black Memento marker around the edges to make them look more finished.
- Cut a hole out of your card front and out of another piece of card measured to the same size as your card.
- To make sure that they matched up, I lined my die cut up the way I wanted it on my card base and cut it out.
- Then lined the other piece card up underneath with the hole on top.
- I popped the die back into the hole an drew a line with pencil.
- Then I was ready to die cut my circle on the second piece… I just lined up the pencil mark and the die and ran it through the cuttlebug.
- NOW, tape the top thread of the image down on the front of the card at the top of the circle. Pull it tight and tape down the bottom thread at the bottom of the circle.
- The put some strong glue over it, and adhere the top piece over that – this covers the strings and created a sandwich with them in the middle.
- Let it dry before you play with it or the strings will get slack in them (Don’t ask how I know…)
- I loved Kristen’s idea of mounting dark paper on the inside of the card so that the image would “pop” – I used a star background with versa mark ink and clear embossing powder on a black card so it would move a little.
- Instead of drawing a free-form circle, I laid the die down and doodled around the outside
- I had an awesome sentiment from Lawn Fawn that went with all of my card elements so I added it and that is all…EXCEPT for spinning her around a few times and closing the card – then when someone opens the card she does a ballerina spin for them 🙂
Want to see her spin?? CLICK HERE OR on the picture below 🙂Well I hope enjoy and feel inspired to create your own interactive card this week!
- Image: SHINE digital image by From the Heart Stamps
- Background: Tiny Stars background stamp (Hero Arts)
- Sentiment: Let’s Bokeh clear stamp by Lawn Fawn
- Paper: White card(PTI) and Black card (Recollections)
- Ink: Copics – R20, R21, R22, R24, YG000, E00, E02, E11, E21, E33, E35, E37, E29 Versa Mark Ink, Wink of Stella, Versafine Onyx Black
- Other: Basic Backgdrop and Polka Dot Backdrop Dies (AJVD), Circle Die (Spellbinders), Clear embossing powder (WOW)
- Happy Little Stamper – CAS Coloring ( I still kept is CAS even though it has moving parts.)
- Little Red Wagon –Challenge #307 – Try Something New
- Cards Und More – #141 No Designer Paper
- Live Love Cards’ September Challenge: “Sparkle & Shine”
Thanks for stopping by!