I have had such a great time playing along with this year’s Hope You Can Cling To challenges. They have been fun and original and so inspirational! This card is number 20 for me – I met my goal woo hoo!! It is for HYCCT1321– to be inspired in some way by Elvis and turn it into a card. You could use an image of Elvis or the idea of his sequined costumes or even the words or title of one of his many songs to inspire you. Something, anything inspired by the King of Rock ‘n’ Roll….
I decided to use a Hambo image that is toooooo cute for words! It is called Hammer Time. This little jack hammering construction worker is out doing his job and is ALL SHOOK UP! To add to the fun “Elvis” theme, I made a “shaker” card filled with little micro beads to look like whatever he is hammering. I also used the sentiment from Hambo’s Rattler image – “What’s Shakin?”
OMGoodness! I literally need to make another one so that I still have one to play with after I send this one to MD Anderson (hahaha!) I hope you had an opportunity to play along with the Hope You Can Cling To challenges this year. It is for such a worthy cause and it inspires such camaraderie among the SplitCoast Stampers community. And most of it is FUN!!
Recipe for my card:
- Stamps: Hammer Time and Rattler digi images by Hambo Stamps
- Paper: Terra Cotta Tile by Papertrey Ink, Kraft Core by TIm Holtz and DP is Little Yellow Bicycle – Acorn Hollow
- Ink: Copics – C0, C1, C3, C5, C7, C9, W9, E40, E42, E44, YR04, YR07, Y15, Y17, Y19, E00, E11, E21, B21, B23, B24
- Other: Spellbinder circle and scalloped circle dies,thick foam, acetate, Martha Stewart Micro beads, Twine, bronze dots, Window and Label punch by Stampin’ Up, Steampunk embossing folder by Tim Holtz,
Other challenges for this card:
- Twisted Tuesday Free For All Twist: Anything Goes
- Quirky Crafts – Challenge #22 Make us Laugh.(It should at least get a smile out loud!)
- The Corrosive Challenges – Challenge #186 Tic Tac Toe (patterned paper, digi, sentiment – middle row horizontally)
- Card Crafter’s Circle – No. 99 – Cute Cards
Thanks for stopping by!