Hi y’all!! It’s time for another new challenge at Little Miss Muffet Stamps! This week’s Challenge #120 is themed Anything Goes! My card today uses two images…I combined Tangled Arch Border AND Polka Dot Pals Rosalie – I swear these images were made to go together!
I love, love, L-O-V-E the arched border but it takes a while to color and I believe I may have used all the Copics in my bin to color it, so be prepared to relax and get in some coloring therapy with this one – you’ll be happy you did!
I was feeling a little Zen after I colored the image and wanted to create a simple card that wouldn’t compete with my image but I wanted to do something that would be worthy of it at the same time :). I decided to try a tie-dye look for the background.
I got a bit messy and played with a new product – watercolor paper and powder watercolor pigments. This is so much fun to play with. Simply spray down the paper and drop random colored powders over it. The look is quick, fun, and unique every time. [Tip: If you have some powder that doesn’t get too wet it will leave a gritty look, which I kind of like. After it all dries, take a paper towel and wipe the page down. It will get rid of the possibility of getting color on you and it doesn’t change the look at all…
Have a great week and come and join the challenge! There are prizes to be won after all!! AND I challenge you to try something new this week too!
- Image: Tangled Arch Border AND Polka Dot Pals Rosalie digi stamps from LMMS
- Sentiment: From Flower Fusion #6 (Papertrey Ink)
- Paper: White card stock (PTI), Black card (Recollections), Handmade background paper using watercolor paper (Tim Holtz) and watercolors
- Ink: Image – Copics The better question is which one didn’t I use 🙂 For the background I used powder watercolor pigments – Brusho Turquoise, Purple, Yellow, for sentiment Versafine Black Onyx
- Other: Rectangle Backdrop Dies and Polka Dot Backdrop Dies (AJVD), Fun Foam
- Time out challenges – #39 Make your mark
- The Crazy Challenge – CCH #205 – Watercolor
- CAS on Sunday – Challenge #66 Splash ( I think it is still CAS? I created the background with water and dry ink powder) and simply fussy cut image and adhered to background…)
Thanks for stopping by!!
YAY! This little cutie was a top three at The Crazy Challenge!