Today I have some more fun projects using one stamp (well two really) from Sweet N Sassy creating three looks. The new Texture Tiles 4 makes for some great background and to tie my projects together, I added the bee from Sweet as Honey. Of course I have also used other sets (I will point them out as I go) but these are the focus on all of my projects.
My first project is a mixed media art journal page (in my 6×6 journal). This is my more complex project as it uses the most stash supplies and got me the inky-est 🙂
- Background – Tim Holtz Tissue Wrap Melange; Distress Paint in Peeled Paint, Mowed Lawn, Broken China, Cracked Pistachio, Mermaid Lagoon
- Background stamps – Texture Tiles 1 using Archival Inks Manganese Blue
- Splatters – White and Black Arcylic Dylusions
- Corner texture – Tim Holtz Stencil with Black Modeling Paste (TCW)
- Sentiment (big) God is For You Clear stamp set from SNSS inked with Gina K Black Amalgam Ink, (little) From Tim Holtz Small Talk sticker book.
- Border Image – Texture Tiles 4 stamped repeatedly around the edges over and over.
- Bee image from Sweet as Honey stamped with Gina K Black Amalgam and colored with Copics Y17, Y19, Y15 and W0, W1, W3, W5 (with Wink of Stella on wings)- popped up with foam felt and adhered with Multi Matte Medium
- Highlights added with White gel pen
I used a circle stitched die from Simon Says Stamps and a Circle die from Spellbinders to cut out the image using the out of the box die technique. I added a foam dot under the bee’s wings to make them look more dimensional.
- For the Bee, I used a circle stitched die from Simon Says Stamps and a Circle die from Spellbinders. For the squares, I used square stitched die from Simon Says Stamps and a square die from Spellbinders.
- Bee image from Sweet as Honey stamped with Gina K Black Amalgam and colored with Copics Y17, Y19, Y15 and W0, W1, W3, W5 (with Wink of Stella on wings).
- Background Image – Texture Tiles 4 – all four stamped with Gina K Black Amalgam Ink on Neenah Solar White
- Sentiment – So Thankful
- My background paper is cut with A Jillian Vance Design Basic Polka Dot Die
- My rectangles are all cut with A Jillian Vance Design Basic and/or Polka Dot Dies
- Background Image – Texture Tiles 4 – stamped with Versa Mark for a tone on tone look
- Bee image from Sweet as Honey stamped with Gina K Black Amalgam and colored with Polychromos pencils. I stamped right on top of the plaid background and colored over it.
- Sentiment – “Bee” from Sweet as Honey and “Amazing” from Bitty Minnie Alpha
- I added twine and enamel dots then popped the center panel up with foam felt
I hope you are inspired – see how you can stretch your stamps by trying multiple ways to use it. And no matter what else you do, HAVE FUN!!
Thanks for stopping by!