Today I am back for part 2 of embossing folders card projects using distress oxides. If you missed part 1 HERE it is. I used the same supplies today as I did yesterday…a honeycomb embossing folder, the bee from the Sweet as Honey Stamp Set and a sentiment from the God is For You Stamp Set (both from Sweet N Sassy Stamps).
For the second card…
- Lightly tap Spiced Marmalade and Fossilized Amber Distress Oxides randomly over the inside/BACKside of the folder (this is the side that does not have a brand stamped on it)
- Spritz it with water
- Gently lay the the watercolor paper on top of it.
- The backside usually has more space to cover so it isn’t’ going to be crisp, therefore, this time I close the folder and run it through my embossing machine
- Take it out of the folder and sit it aside to dry.
- I heat embossed the sentiment onto a separate piece of paper with black powder and mounted it onto the background.
- I heat embossed the bee as well and water colored it, fussy cut it, and adhered it with foam dots.
Just a reminder – here is the first card:
You can definitely see how different each card is and yet you use the same simple tool and basically the same process for both. What do you think? What is your favorite versatile tool?
Thanks for stopping by! Have a great weekend!