Have you ever had an image that was outside the norm but that you just loved it?? For today’s’ card I used just such an image and it has a pretty neat back story. It was actually designed by Barbara’s (the owner of LMMS) daughter – the apple doesn’t fall far from the tree huh? She is called Polka Dot Pals Futura.
I had a fun sentiment from an old AllyWay Stamps set that I thought was made especially for her. I used a new background stamp from My Favorite Things called Wavy Coloring Book. I first thought I would watercolor but then it showdowed a bit when I put it to the paper and I decided it was kind of perfect in black and white. I love happy accidents!
I had recently seen a little girl with a pink strip of hair and I though “Why Not!” so Furtura got a pink strip of hair and a rainbow unicorn horn (it has Spectrum Noir glitter pen on it and it is sparkly!) By the time I finished her and she was already so unique, I wondered why I could have pink sky…NO reason, so I did it 🙂
I hope you find time to play with her because she is pretty fun to color!
- Images: Polka Dot Pals Futura Digi from Little Miss Muffet Stamps
- Background Stamp: My Favorite Things rubber stamp – Wavy Coloring Book
- Sentiment: Jibber Jabber clear set from The Allyway Stamps (no longer in business)
- Paper: White, cardstock(PTI), Black(Recollections)
- Ink: Copics; Her Arts White (called Unicorn haha) ink and Ranger White Embossing Powder for sentiment
- Other: Polkadot and basic backdrop dies (AJVD), Spectrum Noir Glitter Pen
Come on over and join in on Challenge #156 – Anything Goes! There is still time and there are prizes… For our prizes, one lucky winner will be awarded a $10.00 Gift Voucher to the LMMS shop.
Thanks for stopping by!!