Welcome to our From the Heart Stamps October blog hop. If you have arrived from KELLY’S BLOG, you are in the right place, if not why don’t you start on the From the Heart Stamps Blog, so you don’t miss anything.
Today is the day to Meet the NEW Design Team. Our designers are showcasing lots of fun projects that use their favorite techniques and products all for your inspiration. We are also going to tell you some fun facts about ourselves/our crafting styles. So, about me…
- I love to try new techniques, and mediums and, they are always my favorites… at the time I am doing them/using them (Does that make me fickle?). I still really like my Real Color markers and water coloring. However, I always fall back on my Copic markers – I absolutely LOVE them! And I truly love interactive cards.
- If I were stranded on a desert island and I could only have one image from the FTHS store it would be a B-I-R-D-B-R-A-I-N for sure (but I am not sure which one I would pick. I’d really have to think on that for a while).
- The last two cards I sent (via real mail) were to some of my favorite kiddies in Rhode Island. They love going to the mailbox and finding mail with their name on it so I do my best to make them happy.
- If I had to describe my crafting space, unfortunately I would have to say… Messy (sigh).
- When taking photos of my cards, I find that taking pictures outside in the morning light produces the best results for me.
- A craft space organizational tip? In order to save space with my ribbon, I wrapped each color around a clothes pin then put all of the wrapped colors separated by color into jars – that I stacked on a shelf (see the pic)
My card today uses a Birdbrain of course! This one is called Broom Flying. I turned it into an interactive slider card. And as always, now I am sitting here playing with it – so much fun! (CLICK on the picture and you can see a quick video of it sliding)Recipe for my card:
- Image: Broom Flying digi by From the Heart Stamps
- Background: Tiny Star (Hero Arts)
- Paper: White card (PTI), Black card (Recollections)
- Ink: Copics YG01, YG03, YG07, YG17, YR12, YR15, YR18 (Birdbrain); BV11, BV13, BV17, C7, C9, Y26 (Hat, Cape); E33, E35, E37, E53, E55, Y26 (Broom)
- Background – Aegean Blue, Perfect Plumeria (Chalk Inks Versa Magic), Hickory Smoke, Black Soot (Tim Holtz Distress Inks)
- Other: Basic Backdrop and Polka Dot Backdrop dies (AJVD), Window Punch (Stampin’ Up), Versa Mark and clear Embossing powder (Recollections), Craft Foam, Coaster board (for spinner)
As you hop along, please leave a comment on each blog. One random commenter will be selected on each blog to win an image of choice from the FTHS store. And additionally, we will have a game with some prizes on the FTHS blog!
Thanks for hopping with us today. The hop will end on Monday October 5th at 6 am EST. Winners will be posted on the From the Heart Stamps Blog on Wednesday October 7th.
Now head over to MICHELLE’S BLOG and see what inspiration she has for you.
Thanks for stopping by!!
Have a wonderful weekend!!