For today’s Wednesday Inspiration at From the Heart Stamps, I decided to play with my Distress Inks and a new stencil from Simon Says Stamps. It is a 6×6 stencil, so I actually cut it into two pieces and will be making two cards from it – so stay tuned…
Today, I used the smallest piece and went CAS and BRIGHT with my card. I think I am in lurve with this stencil!
In order to add a little watercolor to my image, I sponged on rows of distress inks and lightly sprayed it with water while the stencil was still taped down then let it dry overnight. I paired it with a fun image – Bouquet Chick which I colored to coordinate with my background. Then I popped it up on craft foam and that’s all there was to it.
- Image: Bouquet Chick digital image by From the Heart Stamps
- Paper: Watercolor Paper 140lb (Aquarelle), Black card (Recollections), White card base (PTI)
- Ink: Background – Distress Markers (Tim Holtz) Ripe Persimmon, Spiced Marmalade, Squeezed Lemonade, Peacock Feathers
- Ink: Image – Copics YR04, YR07, YR09, Y32, Y35, Y38, RV23, RV25, RV29, BG45, BG49, YG03, YG05, YG07, YG17, B0000, W00, W1, W3, W7, Wink of Stella
- Other: Basic Backgdrop and Polka Dot Backdrop Dies (AJVD), Simon Says Stamp Stencil GRID, Craft Foam
- Creative Craft Cottages Challenge – Challenge #41 – Flowers
- The Craft Garden – June Challenge [white space, yellow, ink]
- Through the Purple Haze – June – Use Bright Colours
- Timbro Scrap Mania – Challenge #109 Flowers
Thanks for stopping by!!