It is time for a Wednesday inspiration at From the Heart Stamps. I decided to try a fun simple card I saw on Jennifer McGuire’s blog. For my image, I used Hamlet PigWit Being Shy. I am so happy with this “Wee Little Note”. It looks kind of Winnie the Pooh like don’t you think?
I cut all of my pieces out of watercolor paper (and since it is a little off from white, I used it for my base too – 140lb makes for a pretty great base. (I folded it with the smoother side inside).
In order to watercolor my image, I printed my Pigwit out on watercolor paper and as soon as it came out of the printer, I dumped embossing powder on it while it was still wet enough to adhere. This seals the ink and keeps it from smearing when water is applied. I didn’t get to do a lot of shading, but I think the CAS layout of the card allows for the simplicity of the coloring.
- Image: Hamlet PigWit Being Shy digital image by From the Heart Stamps
- Paper: Watercolor Paper 140lb (Aquarelle), Black card (Recollections)
- Ink: Distress Markers (Tim Holtz) Ripe Persimmon, Worn Lipstick, Peeled Paint, Mowed Lawn, Tumbled Glass
- Other: Basic Backgdrop and Polka Dot Backdrop Dies (AJVD), Stitched Circles Dies (Simon Says Stamps), Craft Foam, Clear Embossing Powder
- Addicted to CAS – #64 must be CAS with an animal
- Less is More – Week 226 Lucky Dip theme – 2 or 4 Legs
- Kitty Bee Designs – Challenge #48 – Sew Cute
Thanks for stopping by!!