Happy Earth Day!! It’s been forty-five years since the first Earth Day, an event to increase public awareness of the world’s environmental problems. Earth Day is honored around the world on April 22. So we are celebrating here at the Pigpen too! I thought it would be fun to do an Earth Day card today using two of Hambo’s digis – Trees and Caterpillar.I decided to go rainbow with my caterpillar for a more “earthy” touch. I fussy cut it out (only the outline) and then colored the white between the legs to blend in with the grass so I didn’t need to go to the trouble of tediously cutting out those areas. I hope you have a great day; and don’t forget to do something nice for the Earth today… Recipe:
- Images: Hambo’s digis – Trees and Caterpillar.
- Paper: White cardstock (PTI), Green and Brown card (scraps) Vellum
- Ink: Copics (trees) G05, G07, G09, G28, YG05, YG07, YG09, E33, E35, E37, E39; (grass) YG11, YG13, YG17; (sky) B000, B0000; (caterpillar) RV23, RV25, RV29, YR04, YR09, Y15, Y17, Y19, BG11, BG13, BG15, B01, B04, YG21, YG23, V22, V25, (shoes) R21, R22, R24, C1, C3, C5
- Other: Basic Backdrop and Polka Dot Backdrop Dies (AJVD)
- Make My Monday Challenge – Earth Day
- Die Cuttin’ Divas – Challenge #212: National Garden Month (you find caterpillars in gardens right?)
- The Crazy Challenge – CCH #195 – Springtime
Thanks for stopping by!
AWE… This little guy was a top three pick at Make My Monday Challenge