It’s the first Wednesday of the month – and it is time for a Hambo Hoedown! This Hoedown will last for the whole month of November (until November 2nd at midnight.)
The theme, in honor of the month of Thanksgiving is to create a THANK YOU card. You can use any company’s image for this challenge but if you have a Hambo image, why not use it?
I used a fun Hambo image called Strawberry Kid. I am in love with these Hambo kids. They are just too cute!
To go with my image, I created a CAS card with some “handmade background paper”. With stencils, gel medium, distress ink, alphabet stamp, embossing paste (handmade recipe at the bottom of the post) – everything but the kitchen sink!
This is my last card for the Hope You Can Cling To Challenge. The challenge was to use embossing paste. WOW! What a month – I had a lot of catching up to do and it was some really late nights. But worth it!
- Image – Strawberry Kid digi by Hambo Stamps
- Paper – White card (PTI), Black card (Recollections) Handmade background on Water color paper
- Ink – Copics for image: Strawberry – YG93, YG95, YG97, R21, R22, R24, Clothes – B93, B95, B97, B99, YG03, YG63, YG67, E40, E43, E44, E47, Skin – E00, E02, E11, E21, Shadow – W00, W1, W3, W5, stazon on for the letter, bundles sage distress paint, and festive berries distress ink,
- Other – Basic Backdrop and Polka Dot Backdrop dies (A Jillian Vance Design), Circle Dies (Spellbinders), Stencil (Tim Holtz)
Recipe for embossing paste:
- 1 Tbs glue
- 1 Tbs Acrylic Paint
- 1/4 cup Talc
- A little water as needed to make it the consistency of toothpaste
- Scrap it Girl – NOVEMBER CHALLENGE! Using Paints
- Dies R Us – Challenge #13 – Thankful
- The Crafter’s Cafe – Challenge #89 – Thank You
Thanks for stopping by!