It is Tuesday and time for a Top Tip Tuesday Challenge. I won a Tip challenge last month and have the pleasure of being a Guest Designer this week.
Today’s challenge theme is 3,5 or 7 – You can interpret this as you wish whatever springs to mind! The sponsor for this challenge is:
OK – so I misread the challenge and thought I was supposed to do 3,5, AND 7. HAHAHA! and it was 3,5, OR 7…what a difference a word makes huh? That is what I get for reading too quickly; though if I do say so myself, I am pretty pleased with myself for achieving all three.
My image is called “Kick some grass/Spring is here” and it naturally sets up the 7 portion of the challenge as it has 7 flowers. I added 7 rhinestones to the center of each flower. I used 5 papers (solid and designer combined), and added 3 blocks/circles/buttons into the layout. Voila 3,5,7! Pretty fun challenge and while I did all three, you only have to do one… unless you want to do more. 🙂
- Image – Kick some grass/Spring is here digi stamp by Zlatoena’s Design
- Sentiment: Jibber Jabber Clear stamps by The Alley Way Stamps
- Paper – White Card(PTI), Lucky Limeade(SU) Pink Card (Recollections) DP – Fresh Floral Stack (DCWV)
- Ink: Copics: Rabbit – R00, C0, C1, C3, C5; Grass – YG03, YG63, YG67; Sky – BG0000; Flowers – Y15, Y19, BV11, BV13, RV23, RV25
- Other – Square and rectangle dies (Spellbinders) 7/8″ Circle punch, Twine, Rhinestones (I colored clear ones with coordinating Copics) (KI) Background basics die (A Jillian Vance Design)
My Tip for this Challenge: Sometimes when I cut something out with a die or a punch, especially if the paper is pretty thick as was the case with my green circles, I get a little piece of the die cut that is ragged. So I keep an emery board in my supply stash and gently sand down the area so that it looks smooth…
- Created With Love Challenge – #77 Think Spring
- Through the Purple Haze – #31 Use a Digi
- Crafting from the Heart – #8 Use Dies or Punches
- A Jillian Vance Design – 50 Shades of Green – I just got my background basics and polka dots basics dies and I love them! I thought I was being crazy for “needing” these but the amount of time I saved in having to even out the sides for whatever reason my trimmer didn’t cut straight, they are truly a need!
Thanks for stopping by!