Today’s Valentine is a F-U-N easel card. It is simple (nothing like the ones my friend Jane makes) but it is still awesome! I love this card! As usual, when I make an interactive card, I can’t stop playing with it!!
I created a Valentine cipher decoder and the internal message is for the little spy with the cipher – You put the heart on a pre-assigned letter on the outer circle (in this case the heart goes on his first initial) and the letters of the code line up. The inner row is the code letter, and the outer one is the correct letter.
My image is a Hambo Digi Stamp called SPY. I also used a technique I learned from the Color Creative Classroom Backgrounds Class. It is a fun look even if the technique is still a work in progress for me.
Do you love it like I do? If you buy the SPY image from Hambo Stamps and leave me a comment, I will send you a PDF file with the decoder. It has 2 sizes – the larger one that I used for my easel card (5″) and a smaller one that can be made and popped inside a normal card (3.25″). The smaller one doesn’t have a heart on it so you could use it for times other than Valentine’s Day.
It is really easy to make:
Step One – Print out the decoder on card stock and cut out the two circles. (I wanted mine to have a little dimension so I added a piece of foam in between them.)
Step Two – Adhere the foam to the back of the smaller circle and a piece of acetate on top of that. Adhere another piece of acetate to the front of the center of the larger circle (with acetate on both sides so it will spin easily.)
Step Three – Line up the two pieces (the lines will match up) Using a brad, attach the two pieces in the center. I used a BIG yellow brad for your reference but use whatever you want. For me it didn’t matter because I was going to cover it with my image sine that is the focal point of my card. But for a pocket decoder (the smaller one in the doc,) I may use a cool brad instead…
- Image: Hambo Digi Stamp called SPY
- Paper: True Black card (PTI) White card
- Ink: – Copics: Heart – R22, R24, R27, R29; Glasses – YG93, YG95, YG97, YG99; Gloves – W5, W7, W9; Case – C1, C3, C5, C7, C9; Skin – E00, E21, E11; Pants – E33, E35, E37, E39 (E31, E33, E35); Coat – E40, E42, E44, W00, W1, W3; Shoes – E70, E74, E77, E79; Shirt – BG45, BG49
- Crafting by Designs – Anything for Love
- The Crafter’s Cafe – #50 Must have Hearts
- Divas by Design – With Love
- Fab ‘n’ Funky – #203 Love/Valentine Theme
- The Male Room – Valentine
Thanks for stopping by!! Have a Happy Valentine’s Day!
YAY!! This little guy made it into the Spotlight at Crafting By Design and honorable mention at Crafter’s Cafe…