It is day two of Hambo’s INTERACTIVE CHALLENGE and I have another fun one. Seriously, I will sit at my desk and play with these things until I make myself put them to the side for mailing…I don’t want to wear out the “mechanisms” before someone else gets to play with them (haha!)
Today’s card is a traditional shaker card. What isn’t so traditional is what’s shaking… It’s POPCORN. A perfect accompaniment to Wee Henrietta Popcorn don’t you think??
Sooo I decided to try a picture tutorial. I hope it makes sense to you, give me feedback!! Here we go…
1. Shaker Supplies: Foam sheet, Die cuts (size and shape depends on you but you need one that fits inside the other), Acetate, Glue stick, Shaker material, Image, Cardstock.
NOTE: height depends on shaker material – the popcorn required something thicker. I couldn’t get anything thicker than 3mm foam to work with the die cut so I doubled up. I normally don’t use big shaker stuff so this is not a problem – one layer of 3mm works great.
2. Using the largest die (in this case the scallop), cut out the image, the acetate, the cardstock, and the foam.
3. Center the smaller die (in this case the circle) and recut the foam pieces as well as the cardstock (this will create “frames” from each)
TIP: After I cut out the foam “frames”, I put all the cut outs back together and run them through the Xyron – on both sides. Then my frames are sticky, and I can use everything else as dimensional foam.
4. Stick the frames together and adhere the stack to the image. (If you don’t have a Xyron, use your glue stick here and make sure to let it dry well before moving to next step…)
5. Now you are going to make a sandwich with your pieces.
- Put the shaker material into the cavity.
- Line up the acetate with foam pieces and adhere it on top. (the top edge should be sticky from Xyron or you can use glue stick)
- Add adhesive (I like glue stick for this) onto the back of the cardstock frame, center it up with rest of sandwich and adhere it on top of the acetate. (I would normally try to make the foam the same color or a similar color to the top frame; however, I used black and white so you could see them clearly.)
- This is your shaker element.
6. Put your shaker element onto your decorated card base and have fun…
Supplies for the final card:
- Image: Wee Henrietta Popcorn digi by Hambo
- Paper: White cardstock (PTI); DP and black (Recollections) Red kraft core (Sizzix)
- Ink: Copics – skin: E00, E11, E21, Hair: E17, E19, E33, E35, Shirt and bow: YG03, YG63, YG67, Jeans: B21, B23, B24, Shoes W1, W3, W5, W7, Popcorn bucket: R24, R27, R29, Popcorn: Y000, Y21
- Other: Spellbinders Circles, Spots embossing folder, Twine, Eyelet, Shaker elements from above
- Make it Monday – MIM #167 with Bugaboo Stamps
- Through the Purple Haze – Use either pink, purple or RED
- Fab’n’Funky- #194 birthday celebrations – Anything Goes
- The Sisterhood of Crafters – Embossing
Thanks for stopping by!! And as the inside of my card says… (you thought I had forgotten didn’t you??)