Hambo is once again a sponsor of the SCS “Hope You Can Cling To” campaign, running through October. For today’s Hambo post, I decided to play along with one of these challenges – HYCCT1316. The Challenge was to:
- Create a pocket card, or a card with a pocket on it.
- Bonus 1: To fill the pocket with hope, add a star or stars OR a heart or hearts.
- Bonus 2: Make it orange (leukemia) or pink (breast cancer and our traditional color for HYCCT).
For my card, I used Hambo’s Heart Basket digital image. It is a sweet and simple image with a straight forward message – “Sending all my love”. It truly makes me smile!
As the challenge called for a pocket, I made a twisted card. I used lots of pink for breast cancer awareness and I punched out various coordinating hearts and dropped them into the inside pocket. This technique creates a pocket on both the outside and inside of the card. I sealed the outside pocket. When the lucky recipient opens the card, they will find a pocket full of love. This is such a fun card to make! Get the tutorial here.
Note: For this card base, use a general (not luxury) cardstock or it else it will be too bulky.
Supplies used for this card:
- Stamp: Heart Basket digital by Hambo Stamps
- Pink cardstock by Recollections
- Designer Paper – Spring Fling by DCWV
- Ink: Copic Markers [RV11, RV13, RV21, E40, E42, E44, E47]
- Other Supplies:
- Circle Die – Spellbinders
- Circle Lace Die – Spellbinders
- Vintage Button Raspberry Fizz – Papertrey Ink
- Heart-to-Heart punch -Stampin’ Up
- Inspiration and Challenge Blog – #16 Use Pink
- The Crafter’s Café – Challenge #33 – How Adorable
- Paper Playtime – Challenge# 21… Ribbon & Buttons
Thanks for stopping by! ‘Til next time!