Welcome to “Hambo’s Time Machine” sponsored by Hambo Stamps! Today Hambo friends and the Bacon Bits Design Team are bringing you fun creations that depict something cool from the 1980’s! It might be our favorite book, something in the news then, a fashion fad, a song, or something that really stuck out to us in looking back. If you arrived here from SHERRY’S BLOG you are in the right place! If not, you might want to start back at the beginning at the Hambo blog to make sure you are eligible for the hopper prize!
A prize will be awarded to one participant whose time machine creation tickles the Bacon Bits’ fancy in a hammin’ jammin’ way! Another prize will be awarded randomly to a hopper who comments on all of the blogs along the way. The winners will be announced on the Hambo company blog, Talk to the Ham, on Wednesday, September 25, as well as at the Hambo Hoedown challenge blog.
We love comments anytime, but the deadline for prize entry comments is Sunday, September 22 at 5 PM CST. Don’t miss it!
I grew up in the 80’s and they had it all…the best music, the best cloths, and the best hair…Like, DUH! My card for today represents a couple of fun 80’s things – The computer and the video gam Pac-man [Read the details below my card.]
I used Hambo’s digi COMPUTER for this card and some fun paper from DCWV Generation Tech Stack. To finish it up, I added a game maze and glossy accents to the screen. I made a few pac-man pieces from polymer clay. (I made a green one for some reason. Please pretend it is cyan – my mind was trying to match the paper and forgot the actual colors. Oh well! I’ll try it again soon…) The inside sentiment says “Game On!”
FUN 80’s Facts that coordinate with my card…
- During the early 1980s, home computers were developed for household use, with software for personal productivity, programming and games.
- In 1982 “The Computer” was named Machine of the Year by Time Magazine.
- The 1980s saw the development of the modern Internet. Approximately 1.1 million people were using the Internet at the end of the 1980’s. [More than 2 billion people use it today!]
- Tim Berners Lee began his work on the World Wide Web in March 1989.
- AND while I know people weren’t loading Pac-Man up on their PCs in the 80’s …Pac-Man was first released in Japan on May 22, 1980 and released in the US in October 1980.
- Did you know that the Pac-man ghosts had nicknames and characteristics? Cool Right!
This has been so much fun! I loved going back to the 80’s!! I hope you had fun too but now it’s time to…
“LIKE, TOTALLY GO TO THE KECIA’S LIKE ,TOTALLY TUBULAR BLOG FOR MORE LIKE, RADICAL 80’s INSPIRED AWESOMENESS!”
In case you get lost along the way, here is today’s line up:
- Talk to the Ham – Hambo blog http://hambostamps.blogspot.com/
- Sherry http://bitsofcheer.blogspot.com/
- Lyn https://mypurplehouse.wordpress.com/ [YOU ARE HERE]
- Kecia http://stampingdeets.blogspot.com/ [NEXT STOP]
- Deborah http://beadnstampn.blogspot.com
- Deanne http://littlebitopaper.blogspot.ca/
- Jane http://janeelizabethssworld.blogspot.co.uk/
- Hetty http://craftchaos.blogspot.com
- Judy http://jarfullofjoy.blogspot.com/
Thanks for stopping by!