YAY!! I am officially back at the Hoedown! Today start’s Hoedown # 109 – Let’s DANCE!!
For today’s project we are using a cute little digi called HazMat Suit. We were to incorporate orange, yellow, and aqua into our project. Got it!
My project is a matchbook gift card holder. It is so simple that I think I will make up a few and have them on hand for the upcoming birthdays my friends are having.
To answer the outside sentiment – “Caution: Open at your own risk!”, the inside insert says “(Whew – that was close!)”
I adhered an iTunes gift card onto the insert and now I have a gift ready for my niece in a couple of weeks. Whoo Hoo!! I think this one could be used for a guy or gal though – what do you think?
- Cut Cardstock 3 & 7/8″ X 8 & 1/2″.
- Place it in a landscape position and score at 1/2″, 4 1/2″, and 4 5/8″.
- Fold on all lines toward the center
- Place a staple on the bottom fold (in the middle of the fold.)
- Decorate the outside to your taste (I covered the staple with my sentiment.)
- The insert is 3 7/8″X3 1/2″ – Add a glue dot and a gift card.
Supplies for this card:
- Stamp – HazMat Suit digital set by Hambo Stamps
- Paper – Aqua Cardstock by Bazzill, Orange and yellow cardstock by Recollections, DP – Surprise by Pebbles
- Ink – Copics
- Other Stuff – Oval and Scalloped Oval Spellbinders, 1″ Circle and label punch from Stampin’ Up – For the insert I also used the tab punch, and the scallop edgelets die from Stampin’ Up, an eyelet, and ribbon.
Challenges I am going to enter this card into include:
~ Cards For Men – #7 April Fools
~ Crafty Cardmakers – #88 Humorous
~ Created with Love Challenges – CWLC #35 April Fools Day
~ Simon Says – Happy Birthday!
Thanks so much for stopping by! If you make a matchbook gift card holder, I’d love for you to send me a link to it!
Til’ next time!
P.S. AND BY THE WAY… WOW!! I am so excited! This project was the winner at Created with Love Challenges! – CWLC #35 April Fools Day.