Well, today is the day that I can reveal that I will be spending another term on the Hambo Design Team! I am soooo excited! The DT is inspiring beyond belief, these stamps are more than up to the task, and let’s be honest they keep you guessing from week to week…you never know what you’re going to get!
My card today, is part of the 100th challenge at the Hambo Hoedown – WOW! It is so hard to believe how fast time flies! This week they have a sketch challenge. If you haven’t joined before there are freebies to get you started. And just by playing you are a winner – you get next week’s challenge image free! (you must use a digi or rubber stamp from Hambo.)
I am using a Hambo rubber stamp this week – It is in honor of my fellow design team members, both past and present. The image is called “short chick” and the sentiment says “to one of my favorite peeps” which you all are!
I made my card a 4.25″X4.25″ square. It is a very fun size; however, it isn’t standard for an envelope and the size requires an extra stamp. I used a trick I learned a long, long time ago using a standard A2 envelope.
- Using paper that coordinates with your card, cut a strip of 2 sided paper 1.25″X4.25″ – cut it a little more narrow if you make cards with a lot of embellishments that will make it thicker. And if need be, to you can use two strips of one-sided paper adhered with designs showing on both sides.
- Taking a small decorative punch (7/8″ or smaller) punch 1-3 shapes out along the right side of the envelope (should stay within the confines of a 1.25″ wide area.)
- Using score tape, on the two long sides of both the front and back of the decorative strip, insert it into the envelope as far to the right as possible – this part is tricky because the tape wants to stick where it touches – just be careful.
- Now you have a standard envelope, that takes standard postage, but your small square card fits into it snuggly – AND the outside of the envelope is also decorative.
I hope you try this out!
Let me know if you have ANY questions.
Supplies for this card:
- Pumpkin Pie Cardstock – Stampin’Up
- DP [Peace, Love, Happiness with Glitter] – The Paper Studio
- Copic Markers
- Tuxedo Black – Memento
- Other Supplies: Small Circle Dies – Spellbinders
That’s all for today! Thanks for stopping by!