For my first post of the year, I am going to frame a funny sentiment stamp I got from Hambo. with a couple of Splitcoast Stamper Challenges (a Try a new technique challenge – TLC410 and a sketch challenge – SC411). I needed the sketch challenge to keep me focused on the technique – SOOO COOL! What is it you ask??? It is the Chalkboard Technique which is also the theme for Papertrey Ink’s Make It Monday Challenge (#98) so I’ll be entering it in that challenge as well.
I used some really fun designer papers that reminded me of a vintage schoolroom. I thought that would go great with a “chalkboard” message!
There is a video tutorial on the PTI link – enjoy and be awesome!!! As my stamp says – “Yes, I made this. Yes, I am pretty awesome!”
Here is the sketch – try it, it was fun!
Supplies for this card:
- “I made this” (4207) – Hambo Rubber Stamps
- Flourish from Calligraphy Expressions – Inkadinkado
- Ripe Avocado – Papertrey Ink
- Pure Black – Papertrey Ink
- Times ad Seasons DP – Echo Park
- White Pigment Ink – Colorbox
- White Pencil
- Other Supplies:
- White Embossing Powder
- Vintage Button – Ripe Avocado – Papertrey Ink
- Ticket punch – Stampin’ Up
Thanks for stopping by!! I wish for you a blessed New Year! ‘Til next time!