With today’s Hambo Hoedown we (the Bacon Bits) would like to recognize the birthday of our wonderful illustrator – Tim Hunter! His Birthday is tomorrow but we are celebrating early. We thank him for our weekly oohs, and ahhs, and hahas!
Here’s to you Tim!! I Hope your day is F-A-N-T-A-S-T-I-C!!
Our image this week is this cute image called “Toaster”, he was free to those who played last week. [It is not too late to join in! Grab a freebie and see what it is all about. You’ll get next week’s image free just for playing!]
Our challenge this week was to do a card using the soot technique, burned edges, or gingham. Being the technique junkie I am, I decided to go for the soot technique (easily got some burned edges at the same time – haha!)
It is a fairly easy technique.
- You simply run glossy cardstock (glossy side down) over a candle flame. It has to touch the flame and you can see it happening on the other side – Careful not to stay in one place too long, keep running it over the flame until all areas are smokey.
- [Do not touch the smokey area with your fingers or you will wipe off the soot!]
- Flip it over and “stamp it” with a background stamp (no ink.)
- Finish it up by spraying fixative over it to seal it in – a very neat look. I didn’t even set the smoke alarm off so it was definitely a success!
For fun, I decided to do a Splitcoast Stamper Sketch Challenge for this card – SC409. I think it turned out really well and after doing the technique and choosing the pieces, it was nice to have someone else help with the layout!
Supplies for this card:
- “Toaster” Digital image by Hambo Stamps
- Birthday and Let’s Party rubber stamp I-cling sets by G studios – for the background
- Smokey Shadow by Papertrey Ink (appropriate huh?)
- Lucky Limeade by Stampin’ Up
- Pure Poppy by Papertrey Ink
- Glossy White
- DP – Picnic Fun/ A walk in the Park – by Echo Park
- Ink: Copic Markers
- Other supplies:
- multicolored twine
- Small and large tag punch – Stampin’ Up
- Rectangle and deckled rectangle die cuts – Spellbinders
Thanks for stopping by! ‘Til next time!