Yesterday was the midway point on the Hope You Can Cling To Project and we were offered two challenges. This card was made for HYCCT1215A. It was to create something peaceful and add a little pink.
To me butterflies are one of the most peaceful things in nature. I love to sit and just watch. They seem to just float along with grace and beauty! I found this absolutely wonderful Hope Butterfly and Sentiment freebie from The Ally Way Stamps that I felt perfectly matched what I wanted!
For fun, I decided to play around with some of the plethora of punches I have been collecting. I stumbled on a tag punch set and after some trial and error, decided to use the big one to create a “flower” for my butterfly to float on.
I punched out 8 pieces and rounded the corners. I fit four of the pieces together (looked like a cross) then did the same thing at a diagonal with the other four to fill in the spots. Before I put my image and sentiment on, I stamped each petal with a word stamp (hope love faith) and then ran it through the Cuttlebug with a butterfly embossing folder to add texture.
I cut out my butterfly with a round die (matted with scalloped round) and popped it up in the middle with dimensionals. I used an oval punch set for the sentiment to create my “leaf”.
I am also entering this in the My Craft Spot Challenge #73 Just emboss- it
Supplies for this card:
- October Freebies (digital butterfly and sentiment) – The Alley Way Stamps
- Hope Love Faith stamp from the Hope set – Paper Smooches
- All from my scrap pile – but I think I have a turquoise from Recollection, Lucky Limeade from Stampin’Up and Razzberry Fizz from Papertrey Ink
- Copic Markers
- Bermuda Breeze – Memento
- Other Supplies:
- Classic Round die – Spellbinder
- Round Scalloped die – Spellbinder
- Oval Punch – Stampin’ Up
- Oval Scalloped Punch – Stampin’Up
- Large tag punch – Stampin’Up
- Butterfly Embossing Folder from Once Upon a Princess Set – Cuttlebug
- Razzberry fizz Button – Papertrey Ink
Thanks for stopping by! ‘Til Next time!