Growing up I loved the Beatles. Their song “I am the Walrus” was so much fun that I would play it over and over to try to understand what they were saying – it was just fun, nonsensical words and phrases… This week’s Hambo Hoedown (#86) reminded me of that song! I saw this little guy and, on the spot, I started singing those crazy phrases – outside of my head!
This week we have a watercolor challenge – the image is “Walrus”, which was free to those who participated in last week’s challenge.
The sentiments this week, as in most weeks, are very clever – the one I chose made me laugh out loud so it had to be the one! – “If it’s not one thing, it’s some blubber.” Hahaha!
Note: For the watercolor wash technique, I decided not to use my re-inkers. Instead, I “squeezed” my ink containers to leave ink on the lid. I then picked up the color with a wet brush and brushed it onto the paper – I used 3 colors of blue.
Water coloring on digital stamps can be tricky, but if you go slow, it is a neat look!
- Immediately after printing your digis, use your heat gun to set the ink.
- I like to lay my color down on a piece of wax paper by scribbling some lines with my watercolor pencils. This helps to paint the image with a little less water than coloring with the pencils directly onto the image and then adding water.
I hope this helps ~ Good Luck with your watercolor!
Supplies for this card:
- “Walrus” Digital Image by Hambo Stamps
- “Dream Text” Rubber Stamp by Stampendous (for the faux tearing)
- Papertrey Ink – Pure Poppy
- Paper Trey Ink – Simply Chartreuse
- Recollections – Chocolate Brown
- Derwent watercolour pencils
- Stampin’ Up Bashful Blue
- Stampin’ Up Brocade Blue
- Stampin’ Up Brilliant Blue
- Memento Desert Sand
- Memento Rich Cocoa
- Other Supplies
- Memory Box Puffy Cloud die cut
- EK Success Real Estate punch
Thanks for stopping by! ‘Til next time!