For this month’s challenge at Doodle Pantry (DPDC27), I used their ‘Quirky Lizard’ digital image. It is so precious and is part of a collection of quirky critters. He is quirky indeed and oh so cute – you can’t help but smile just looking at him.
There is a wonderful incentive for those that participate in this challenge. An absolutely fun set – “Mister Monkey” free! Just for playing!
For this card, I used a new card technique. A twisted card – it looks quirky (like my lizard) and complicated, but it is one of the easiest most fun cards to make! Get the tutorial here. This technique creates a pocket on both the outside and inside of the card. I sealed the outside pocket, and put a gift card on the inside.
Note: I usually use Papertrey Ink or Stampin’ Up cardstock for my card bases because they are so wonderfully thick; however, for this card these will be too bulky so use something more general (like a Michael’s brand).
Supplies used for this card:
- Stamp: Quirky Lizard by Doodle Pantry
- Brown linen textured cardstock by Recollections
- Turquoise blue by Recollections
- Designer Paper – Play Date Set by Stampin’ UP
- Ink: Copic Markers
- Other Supplies:
- Classic Ovals Large by Spellbinders
- Classic Scalloped Ovals (LG) by Spellbinders
- Vintage Button Collection Hawaiian Shores by Papertrey Ink
Thanks for stopping by! ‘Til next time!