This week’s Hambo Hoedown Challenge (#83) involves a CUTE image of a Bird with a balloon. As always, this image was free to those that played in last weeks challenge! The challenge was to include chevrons in the project.
I saw a pattern that used chevrons in a mishmash way and I needed to have the die-cuts immediately (uh hmm…that was six months ago.) I have been ‘die’-ing to try this technique since then though, so – Thanks Hambo!
To make the chevrons, cut out all the colors of the rainbow. Glue each strip down on a sheet of scrap paper (very close together) so it looks like a zig zag rainbow. Cut the rainbow vertically at each point (both the high and low points) and you will have a bunch of rainbow strips (zigs and zags). Flip the ‘zag’ strips and put the pieces back together to create a multi-color chevron. Easy and cool!!
The sentiment on the outside of the card says “Its your birthday! Inside says “So shake your tail feather and celebrate!”
This card them also goes perfect with the Squirrel and Foxs Celebration #27 Challenge so I entered it: http://thesquirrelandthefox.blogspot.com/2012/09/challenge-27-celebrate-occasion.html
- Stamp Hambo ‘Bird Balloon’ digital image by Hambo Stamps
- Stamper Select White cardstock by Paper Trey Ink
- Multiple colors of scrap cardstock
- Copic Markers
- Bahama Breeze by Momento (for edges)
- Concord Crush by Stampin Up (for edges)
- Other Supplies:
- Cutting Dies Nesting Scallop Rectangles by Lifestyle Crafts
- Chevron Die-namics by My Favorite Things
- Circles embossing folder by Darice
- Label and Window punches by Stampin’ Up
Thanks for stopping by! ‘Til next time!!