WOW! I have been so busy, that I really haven’t had a chance to do my challenges. They are generally my time to relax and get away from the day-to-day work world but work has been so crazy that now I am playing catch up. I love the weekly Hambo challenges and want to do them justice so rushing is not allowed. However, since this was done at 1:00am, apparently late nights are – Oh well…
This week’s Hambo Hoedown Challenge(#81) came with the cutest “painter mouse” and sassy sentiments – It was free to those that participated in last week’s challenge! This week’s challenge was to use paint splatter in the card.
I used brick-red cardstock and drew bricks in with a white pencil. I splattered a few red paint drops and stuck a “wet paint” sign up. While I didn’t dig into my stash of ‘tools’ for this challenge, I did try a new technique – a pop up card. My sweet little mouse is standing in front of a freshly painted Happy Birthday sign (also filled with paint splats.) I love him!!
The note side of the card has the sentiment – “Paint the town red on your birthday.” For fun, I scored around the edges of a piece of white cardstock (measured 5″X 4″), cut out a notch the size of the “step”, and slide it around the step to give a white background I could write a note on. It looks like the painter mouse is standing on it.
The technique was pretty simple:
- Cut the inside piece 5.5″8.5″. Score at 4.25 and fold it.
- With the card folded in half, cut two slits – one at the 2.25 point and one at the 3.25 point (note: cut from the fold towards the center one inch.)
- With the piece opened out, push the strip inwards and fold in half again to create a “step”.
- Adhere the little guy to the front side of the step. He folds in when the card is closed and pops out when it is open!
- The outside of the card is cut 5.25″X 8.25″ score at 4 1/8″.
- Adhere over the top of the inside piece.
- The inside piece acts as a border for the outside piece and the outside piece covers up the cuts from the step.
Supplies for this card
- Stamp: “Painter Mouse” digital image by Hambo Stamps
- Paper: Black cardstock and brick-red cardstock (not sure of brand they were in my stash – yay!)
- Copic Markers
- Plaid – Apple red Paint
- Other Supplies – Paint brush
Well, it’s back to grindstone! Thanks for stopping by! ‘Til next time!