This month Doodle Pantry had a fun challenge (DPDC26). They gave us the Crescent Moon Ant stamp set free to play the challenge, and also offered a free stamp with purchase – Floats Yer Goat stamp set (set also has a goat attached to balloons.) Both came with a few sentiments to choose from and both were opportunities for the challenge.
While I have been trying to use some of my stashed tools, instead this challenge allowed me to use a stashed tutorial that I have been holding onto for a little while. The technique was from Splitcoast Stampers – the criss-cross card. It was a pretty fun card and I liked it so much that I decided to do both of my cards using the technique – One tall and one wide. It creates a pretty different look. And paired with the digi papers that come with the sets, they turned out really cute.
I usually use a thicker base cardstock like Papertrey Ink or Stampin’ up, but this techniques has you using two pieces of cardstock so I pulled out some of my stash of Micheal’s brand cardstock…
Since I used a new technique, I am entering these into Card Makin Mama’s – Try a new technique challenge.
Supplies for this card:
- Blue From Recollections Trucks and Trains
- Blue From Recollections Cape Cod
- Digi designer papers that coordinated with the stamps
- Ink: Copic Markers
- Other Supplies
- Spellbinders Nestabilities – Classic Scalloped Ovals(Lg)
- Spellbinders Nestabilities – Classic Ovals Large(Lg)
- Spellbinders Nestabilities – Petite Scalloped Circles Large
- Spellbinders Nestabilities – Standard Circles Large
- Stampin’ Up Large Oval Punch
- Stampin’ Up Scalloped Oval Punch
Great challenge and I got a couple of free stamps – Float Yer Goat I would have likely bought anyway – so I have already won!!
Thanks for stopping by! ‘Til next time!