This is a quick simple birthday card I created for the Scrapbook USA Expo Card Drive. The cards will be used for Operation Write Home and Huntsman Cancer Institute. They have a goal of over 3000 cards!
This will be the sample card to go with the three card kits I made. I tried to make it somewhat simple because children will be getting to put them together. As I understand it, this allows the children undergoing treatment to be able to use the power of healing arts to put together their own cards.
If you would like to participate, you can simply make a card or you can make card kits – card kits should be in a ziplock bag with all the supplies (glue sticks not needed) for the patient to assemble their own card.
Go to the Scrapbook Expo USA Blog to learn more details (including shipping address and deadlines) for this great project!
All those who participate receive a set of free digis from Doodle Dragon Studios (they are really cute!) It’s such a worthwhile cause – It’s a Win-Win!
Supplies for this card:
- “Candle” digital stamp by Doodle Dragon Studios (I don’t remember which set it was in…so sorry!)
- “Make a wish” digital stamp by Birdie Brown (free this month)
- Recollections Card Stock – White, Gold and Turquoise (for the boys cards) and Pink and yellow (for the girls cards)
- Copic Markers
- Other Supplies
- Happy Birthday [Cuttlebug] embossing Folder
- Various circle punches from 7/8″ to 2 1/4″ (Stampin’ Up)
- Adhere the circles to the A2 card first.
- Run it through the Cuttlebug with Happy Birthday folder.
- Decorate to your taste!
Thanks for stopping by! ‘Til next time!
This is simple but so fun! I love the bright colors and the embossed card base. Thank you for sharing!
Scrapbook USA Expo said:
Thanks for sharing your talents! The card and kits look fantastic!! I am so excited for the cancer patient kids to be able to put these cards together. I think they are going to love them!!