Did you ever get ready to do a challenge and just couldn’t put it together? This week’s challenge from Outlawz was like that for me. I loved the free digi that Anne Fenton drew, but I couldn’t fit it into a card like I pictured it in my mind.
The Make it Monday technique from Papertrey Ink – “Ink Pads as Watercolors” seemed like a perfect technique to try with this great stamp. It uses ink and a wet paintbrush to give a watercolor feel.
Unfortunately after “painting” my stamp, I became stuck. After trying several different looks, I decided to let the stamp speak for itself and keep it simple. I finally used a fun, but simple, technique I had seen a while back…using my score board to create texture in my card. I mounted the image in purple then sewed a purple and green button onto a ribbon tab, and that was it.
In the end, the result turned out, not as I had pictured it, but still pretty well.
Supplies for this were:
- Fence digital image by Anne Fenton
- Sentiment “I miss you” from Stampendous
- Pear Pizzaz cardstock from Stampin’ Up
- Purple cardstock (not sure by whom)
- Stampin’ Up Sage Shadow, Concord Crush, Chocolate Chip, Brocade Blue, Glorious Green, and Pink Passion
- Memento Pear Tart
- Score Board and bone folder
It is also going to be entered into The Pink Elephant TPE160 Ribbon Challenge.
That’s all for now ~ Thanks for stopping by! ‘Til next time!