I have seen a lot of challenges and blogs encouraging the “using of a stash.” I am not sure if you are like me, but I find that my biggest stash isn’t necessarily paper, ribbon and/or embellishments (though I have my share of those too.) It is the tools and stamps that I buy when I see them used on another project. You know the ones that I “have to have”, that I actually “need”, not just want? Then when I get them, they sit in a drawer/basket/box unused!
I generally have a few card layout preferences when I do challenges but my goal is to start using the techniques I’ve seen that prompted a purchase of a specific tool and/or stamp. A personal challenge within the challenges if you will… to USE MY STUFF!
The techniques I used for today’s project both came from a Papertrey Ink’s Make it Monday. These are great inspiration! The first one is one that I have been wanting to do for a while – Make it Monday #2: Vellum Sentiment Strip. (It prompted the immediate purchase of vellum.) The second one was the newest Make it Monday – #76: Double-Time Bleach Stamping. (When I saw this, I thought about some stamps I bought several months ago that were still in the boxes just like the day I got them.) Perfect timing and two birds with one stone!
This was a fun and easy card and I am so happy to have used not one stamp, but a few from two sets! Challenge met! Are you ready to challenge yourself? Tell me what technique you are going to try, I may try it too!!
For this card, I used the following supplies:
- Paper :
- Papertrey Ink Plum Pudding cardstock (11” X4¼” scored to fold in half landscape) for the card base
- Papertrey Ink Hawaiian Shores cardstock (5 ¼” X 4”) for the stamped back ground piece
- Vellum – 5 ½” X 1 ½” (score on the long sides at 1/8”) for the sentiment
- Papertrey Ink Hawaiian Shores for the butterfly’s inside
- Stampin’ Up Lavender Lace for the butterfly antennae
- Copic Markers
- Stampin’ Up “Precious Butterflies”
- Stampin’ Up “Butterfly Prints” (the sentiment is in this set)
- Bugaboo Stamps digital stamp “Butterfly Bear Sit”
- Die Cuts (used with Cuttlebug) – Spellbinders Nestabilities:
- Petite Scalloped Circles Large (2nd one from the bottom)
- Standard Circles Large (3rd one from the bottom)
- Studio G Glitter Glue for the wings
This card is going to be used for:
- Papertrey Ink Challenge – Using the Double – Time Bleach Challenge
- Digi Darla’s Challenge (using a bugaboo stamp) – Things With Wings
Thanks for stopping by! Til’ next time!